Kill poultry red mites fast.
Exzolt® is effective, easy to use and safe for chickens
and growers alike.
Experience the benefits of using Exzolt.
- Induces a rapid and massive decrease in mite populations in a chicken house, with demonstrated 99%+ efficacy
- Results start within hours of administration, and the two administrations seven days apart span two mite life cycles, thus disrupting mite population dynamics
- Convenient treatment in the drinking water at a low dose of 0.5 mg/kg BW per treatment day, repeated seven days later
- Ready-to-use solution (1% fluralaner, 10 mg/mL) for simple dilution in drinking water and easy to measure and mix
- Effective control against active, blood sucking PRM for at least two weeks following administration. (Follow standard biosecurity measures to prevent mite re-infestation. Wild birds or newly purchased chickens can re-introduce mites two weeks after treatment)
- Zero egg withdrawal period. A withdrawal period of 14 days after the last administration of Exzolt is required for human consumption of meat and offal
- Highly active against mite strains resistant to classical acaricides
- Well tolerated for use in layer hens, pullets and breeders, with a wide margin of safety
A recent study1 showed that PRM severely impacts hen welfare, inducing chronic stress as shown by high corticosterone (stress hormone) levels in blood and feather samples. Following treatment with Exzolt, the drop in mite count was also associated with a significant improvement of stress-induced behaviours. This happens not only at night when the mites are the most active, but also during the day.
Exzolt offers fast and effective mite control in a solution that is easy to mix and administer
- 1. The easiest way to administer Exzolt is to add it to the first drink of the day.
- 2. Add the prescribed dose of Exzolt to clean drinking water. The amount of water is not important but as a rough guide use an amount that the chickens will drink in four to six hours. This allows all the chickens to drink without competition.
- 3. Mix gently to prevent foaming.
- 4. Wash out the Exzolt container with water twice to remove any traces of Exzolt and to ensure chickens get the full dose.
- 5. Remove all other drinking sources. Keeping the chickens in the coop or run at this stage might be helpful.
- 6. Once all the water and Exzolt has been consumed, replenish with normal drinking water. Other water sources can be replaced, and chickens let out as normal.
- 7. Repeat the treatment once in seven days. The second treatment is essential to ensure the efficacy of Exzolt.
Treatment in the early spring and late summer is recommended as a minimum to keep PRM under control.
1 Thomas E, Temple D, Petersen I. Effect of fluralaner on behavioural stress indicators in laying hens infested with Dermanyssus gallinae. 4th International Symposium on Parasite Infections in Poultry, Vienna, 28-29 June 2019, 36-37.